Volleyball Tournament Guidelines
1. Enjoy the day and have fun in all that you do today.
2. We are here to “play” and raise funds and awareness for some great organizations, the tournament is a volunteer charity event, as such all sales are final, no refunds or rain dates.
3. Code of Conduct: All players and spectators are expected to conduct themselves in a good sportsman like manner, conducive to a family environment.
4. Please use the facilities respectively, since we want to return to this venue on an annual basis. As well, we are charged for any damage, taking away from our goal of charitable giving.
1. Tickets for lunch and a drink will be given to team captains in their registration package. Please ensure lunch tickets get to your players, since we will not be able to issue new tickets if lost.
2. Game schedules and details will be in your registration packages and or posted at the registration table.
3. All matches will be self referring. Contentious outs or other, should result in a re-serve, to keep the game moving.
4. Results can be handed into the registration desk during breaks between matches by the team captains.
5. Matches will start at 10:00 am and matches will last for 45 minutes.
6. Postings of the games location and teams playing will be available at the registration table or in packages.
7. LoveGives reserves the right to pair play if there is a disproportionate registration in one division.
8. The sounding of the end of the match horn concludes play. If the game winner has still not been determined, by the sound of the horn, the team in front (with more points) will be declared the winner.
9. Games are to a hard 21 or be the point’s leader at the end horn of the match.
10. Our tournament Marshall will officiate over any potential conflict and their decision is final.
11. There will be a first aid station located at the registration booth.
12. Play safe and play smart, hydrate and lubricate against sunburn and heat-stroke.
1) Games are played using rally point; a point will be awarded for each serve.
2) Games is to a hard 21, or be the point’s leader at the end horn of the match
3) A served ball may touch the net.
4) A maximum of five consecutive serves for one person; after five successful serves the serving team retains serve with next person in rotation serving.
5) Each match will consist of 45 minutes of play and three individual games.
6) No blatant scooping of the ball.
7) No touching the net, reaching over the net or moving under the net.
8) Recreational players are encouraged to play the ball two or three times before sending over net to their opponents.
9) Each player should play his/her own zone to allow all people the opportunity to play and avoid injury.
10) Any contentious play will be determined by the two team captains or designate; in the event of non-agreement, the play will be replayed.
11) Minimum of two females and three regular players on the court to have an official game.
12) First games should start no later than 5 minutes after the scheduled match time. A default may be awarded to the team that has players ready versus a team with a shortage of male/female players.
13) In order to prevent injury, it is illegal to strike the ball below the knee (ie: no kicking the ball).
14) Spiking is allowed, if both team captains agree to spiking prior to the start of the match.
15) The front row of the receiving team cannot block or spike the served ball.
16) The captain of a winning team shall report their win at the registration area or to an identified tournament designate.
17) All teams will have a minimum of five matches.
18) The top two teams in each division will play off for the tournament championship.
19) Substitution of (non-team players) is only allowed, if the opposing team captain is in agreement.
Intermediate & Competitive Players:
1) Official volleyball rules approved by the 31st FIUB Congress 2008.
2) Guiding principals as listed in the Recreational Players section above.
3) Spiking the ball is allowed in these divisions and encouraged!
4) All teams will have a minimum of five matches.
5) The top two teams in each division will play off for tournament championship.
6) Substitution of (non-team players) is only allowed, if the opposing team captain is in agreement.